- This event has passed.
Outdoor Activity Leadership (OAL) Adventure Modules 1-7 Training
September 21, 2018 - September 23, 2018$125
Deadline to register: July 31, 2018
Dates: Sept 21 starts at 7pm (don’t be late) – Sept 23 3:30pm
Where: Camp Mewata, West Kelowna, BC
Maximum: 20 Participants
Prerequisite: must have already completed OAL Residential and OAL Tenting
Cost: $125/person – will be charged to your district
Information needed: see the bottom of this page for all details needed for registration. Click on our registration link when you have all necessary information.
Note: there are two steps to register.
Step 1: click on the “Register online” link above, then enter your name and email. You will receive a personalized link in your email to continue registration.
Step 2: click the link in your email, then enter full registration details.
If you do not receive the email from step 1, first check your junk mail (especially if you use hotmail), then, if you can’t find the email, please contact our website administrator.
About OAL Adventure Training
The Adventure Camping Training modules are part of the OAL modules.
This training provides a formal structured training that will build Guiders’ knowledge, skills and capacity for adventure camping, ultimately enabling them to meet the Safe Guide requirements for leading adventurous camping trips for girls.
If you have any questions or concerns about registering contact:
Brenda Anthony: ata.monashee[at]gmail.com
Information Needed to Register
- Personal information: name, email, phone number, address
- emergency contact name & contact info
- Any food allergies or limitations
- Guiding information: the branch you work with & your district
- Training background: the dates you completed OAL Residential & OAL Tenting
- First Aid – are you certified?
- A list of any of the OAL adventure modules that you have already completed
- Details on an expedition you have completed (if you’ve done one)
- Top 3 things you hope to learn from the training
- Your adventure camping strengths & weaknesses
- Have you adventure camped before?
- Are you interested in attending an expedition? If so, what type?
- Confirmation that by registering you understand that your district will be charged for the training ($125) if you withdraw after July 31.