- This event has passed.
Nite Trek 2018
May 12, 2018 - May 13, 2018$25
Deadline to Register: April 20, 2018
Deadline to order gear (hat, shirt, hoodie) – April 14, 2018
Saturday May 12 – Sunday May 13, 2018
Guides, Pathfinders, Rangers, Scouts, and Ventures (9-18 years of age)
Telemark Trails West Kelowna, BC
Information needed: see the bottom of this page for all details needed for registration. Click on our registration link when you have all necessary information. Make sure that you have ALL of your information compiled in either an Excel spreadsheet or a Word document, then you can copy and paste the information quickly into our registration form.
Note: registration will not be considered complete until online registration has been submitted AND payment has been received. Payment and forms must be received no later than May 1, 2018.
Note: there are two steps to register.
Step 1: click on the “Register online” link above, then enter your name and email. You will receive a personalized link in your email to continue registration.
Step 2: click the link in your email, then enter full registration details.
If you do not receive the email from step 1, first check your junk mail (especially if you use hotmail), then, if you can’t find the email, please contact our website administrator.
Cost: $25.00 per youth including GST
1) Nite Trek 2018 Invitation (pdf)
2) SG.1 (doc file) (pdf file)
3) SG.2 (doc file) (pdf file)
4) Countdown to Nite Trek 2018 (pdf)
5) NT 2018 Base Camp Equipment List (pdf)
6) Nite Trek 2018 Job Description for Station (pdf)
7) Nite Trek Station Equipment 2018 (pdf)
8) Nite Trek Gear Order Form 2018 (pdf)
9) Nite Trek 2018 – T-shirt design (pdf)
10) Nite Trek 2018 – Hats design (pdf)
11) Nite Trek 2018 – Personal Kit List (pdf)
Monashee Area Girl Guides would like to invite you to Nite Trek 2018!!
This is going to be an exciting event for both Girl Guides and Scouts. You are welcome to come Friday, May 11h after 5:00 PM and stay the whole weekend or just come for the Trek with check in starting at noon and the Trek starting at 6:00 PM (please don’t check in later than 4:00 PM). If you do plan to arrive on May 11th please make sure that you have submitted all appropriate Safe Guide Forms and permission forms for your girls. The official Nite Trek paperwork will be for the actual date of the trek.
Trekking groups will be organized into groups of 6 with both girls and boys of the same age range to Trek the Cross Country Ski Trails at Telemark Trails for a distance of approximately 8-10 km. Along the trail there will be Stations based on “Our Trek Around the World” where the groups will need to work as a team to complete a task, as well as a Hot Chocolate with Hotdog Station approximately halfway through the Trek.
Each Unit/Troop will be responsible for their camping equipment, including firewood, as well as food. Only supper on Saturday and a hot chocolate and hotdog along the trail will be provided. Units will also need to supply a minimum of four Adults, if you have any problems with covering the 4 adults please contact Patrice firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to pair up with another group. One to stay at base camp until all their trekkers return, two to help with stations and one for Security. Girl Guide Units can have parents help at Nite Trek but they need to have filled out an A7 form and have PRC done through Back Check there is a cost of $25 for the PRC, parents cannot be used as the base camp adult, and need to have their own tent for sleeping.
Telemark Trails is located in West Kelowna, 9 km up Glenrosa Road, on paved road. Go west (up) Glenrosa Road interchange on Highway 97 towards Crystal Mountain. The Telemark parking lot is 3 km before Crystal Mountain. There is a large Telemark sign at the entrance to the parking lot.
Cost of the Event is $25.00 including GST per youth which includes a crest and Saturday night supper for all as well as the activities. You need to register online before April 20, 2018 and all SG.2 forms and payment are due to Trudi McCarthy no later than May 1, 2018, along with full payment. Please ensure to fill in the part online with regards to food allergies/concerns. Cheques need to be made payable to GGC-Monashee Area. Only Unit/Troop cheques will be accepted. Please, no personal cheques and only one cheque per registered Unit/Troop.
Information needed to Register
- unit name
- contact person: name, address, phone, email
- home contact person for the event: name & two phone numbers
- each unit must supply a minimum of 4 adults. Site leader, security and 2 station adults. For each adult you need: name, iMIS/AMS #, whether they have current first aid training, and any special needs/health concerns, emergency contact name/relationship/phone #s
- number of youth participants
- for each youth participant: name, iMIS/AMS #, age, gender, whether they have been to Nite Trek before, and any special needs/health concerns, emergency contact name/relationship/phone #s