Summary: A simple circle game, in which the person in the middle has to find a hidden object.
Goal: Don’t end up in the middle of the circle.
- A small object to represent Bob the Weasel – we used a wooden spoon with a face drawn on it.
- Have all the kids create a circle, facing inwards. They need to be shoulder-to-shoulder (very cozy!). Choose one person to be the Bob seeker. This person needs to stand in the middle of the circle.
- Explain the rules: The object will be passed from person to person behind their backs. Everyone in the circle needs to say “Bob the Weasel…Keep it Going…Keep it Going” (over and over again) while pretending to pass the object behind their backs to the next person’s hand, to try and fool the seeker. The object can be passed in different directions. The seeker will have to guess who has the object.
- Ask the seeker to close her eyes. Spin her around in circles. Have the kids start chanting and passing the object. After a few seconds, tell the seeker to open her eyes and try to guess who has “Bob”.
- If the seeker has her back to the person with “Bob”, that circle member can hold it up for everyone to see. When they see “Bob” they may call out “I saw the weasel! I saw the weasel!” then return to the original chant.
- The game continues until “Bob” is found. The person with “Bob” now gets to be the next person in the middle.